Meredith completed a full time two year training program in the Questioned Documents Unit of the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, Virginia. This training included reading relevant books and articles in the field of questioned documents, practical problems, oral board, moot courts, and working over 200 cases under a senior document examiner.
Meredith received certification from the FBI Laboratory in 2001.
Training, continuing education, and attending professional meetings are an important part in staying current in the field. The organizations listed are not exhaustive but highlight a few leading organizations in the field of forensic document examination:
- International Association for Identification http://www.theiai.org/
- Midwestern Association of Forensic Scientists http://www.mafs.org
- American Society of Questioned Document Examiners http://www.asqde.org/
- American Board of Forensic Document Examiners http://www.abfde.org/
- American Society of Testing and Materials http://www.astm.org
- Other orgnizations: http://www.aafs.org/forensic-links